Pattern making Class 4: testing the bodice pattern

I’ve started to sew the bodice based on the MoodU bodice blocks. I’m using the same Carolina Hererra 2012 Mushroom Print fabric.

As I started to sew it together…

I found that this time it would have helped to add a slightly larger seam allowance. I had to bind the inner seams with a zig zag stitch instead of a french seam like I originally planned. Something to keep in mind next time.

I decided to try and make a peplum top. This is not something I usually wear but in my mind it will look cute! I am also using some antique buttons again from my grandmother. These are a mix of little pearly ones. To me, having them mismatched sort of amps up the Alice In Wonderland vibe. Now it’s time to sew a bunch of button holes! … and finish the arm holes and neckline… but I’m almost done!

Also, it’s probably clear but I put the shirt for D on hold just slightly because I want to be able to bring this shirt in for feedback from my teacher this weekend. Priorities right?

In class 5 we will be learning about how to adjust for different fit issues. That should be really interesting and it will be great to have a piece to show for recommendations.

One thought on “Pattern making Class 4: testing the bodice pattern

  1. You are really learning so much! I love that mushroom print. How fun to have class with such interesting people while you learn. Keep up the great work and thanks so much for adding to Davidson’s wardrobe.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.