More tennis tops for the final days of summer

I purchased a neat navy stretch fabric from moodfabrics.com and combined it with a very stretchy jersey from our local FS Fabrics to make another tennis dress.

This time, I put the pocket on the left side and it was much easier to hold the racquet in my dominant hand and then pull balls in and out with my left hand. This took a little more time to plan and double check while sewing but it was worth it to figure it out.

I dont know a great way to show off pockets yet but I’ll get there.

Some friends across the country have received their masks too!

A new tennis top

I had some left over camo print and so I matched it with a black stretch fabric from my local store. This turned out pretty fun and there is also a pocket hidden inside the pleats of the top.

We are continuing to try to play as much as possible while the weather is still nice.

New Leggings!

My work with stretch fabrics has continued and with the right machine it’s not that hard!!

I used an old pair of spandex shorts to cut out the right shape and make these leggings.

They have a pocket on the side of the left leg too.

These are a subtle yet reflective camo print which I realize is a bit of an oxymoron or just a worst nightmare for someone actually looking to blend into a forest.

We got to play a little night tennis last week. Trying to enjoy all the nice weather before it’s too cold.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Masks and More

It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted anything but I’ve definitely been sewing up a storm.

Here is a collection of friends and family in masks and some other projects like some mending, a shirt for my dad, some shorts, a scrunchie, a mask for a high school mascot, and other odds and ends. I think I’ve now made close to 120 masks. I also made a purple dress and matching shirt for D. I will follow up with photos of that.

More recently I have finally started to try and sew stretch fabrics using a serger. These machines use 3 or 4 needles and “loopers” to make an interlocking stitch that can stretch a lot. It was hard at first to but I figured out I didn’t have part of the machine lined up correctly and then it got a lot easier. (The pressure foot should be down when sewing!)

Now I’m going to be able to make lots of activewear for tennis. This isn’t too bad at all in my books for a first try!

There are little shorts sewn in under the skirt too. Another major feature of this skirt is that I tried to add a pocket. Most women tennis skirts do not have pockets and you just shove the ball up the leg of your pants. I haven’t played tennis long enough to not think that’s weird still. I watch the pros and all the people put the ball up their pants. This is not the most beautiful pocket but I am going to keep working on this to find a way to make it work.

Keep taking care of each other and staying safe ♡