We’re back from Chicago and it was time to tackle some of the projects I have hanging around the house.
A few weeks ago I went through my closet and picked out some clothes that I wasn’t wearing any more and wanted to donate. In that process, I unearthed a dress that had a yellow skirt and white bodice. The bodice had become worn and a bit yellowed but the skirt was still wonderful material. It was time to make it into an official skirt!
I accidentally broke the invisible zipper when I was taking this apart so I added in a new one. I actually hand stitched this in because I dont have an invisible zipper foot and I’m a little nervous about the process still. I need to do a little more research.
I added in the little blue tab to protect myself from the metal head of the zipper. Sometimes I get pretty bad metal allergic reactions and so I’d prefer to save myself from that trouble.
Here’s the final look:
Overall this was a pretty quick project that only took me one evening! Not sure what I’ll work on next but this project was exciting because it felt good to make something old feel new and become a highly versatile wardrobe piece!