Chanel Mission – Part 3 Muslin Taking Shape

I made a decent amount of progress this week and weekend! The last step I need to do is attach the sleeves and then double check the fit of each panel a final time.

I’ve taken in the bust and sides a bunch. This has become a little wobbly, so I might cut the extra fabric off and resew it one more time just to make sure it fits well.

I also want to make a small collar that will lay flat on the shoulders… stay tuned!

The Chanel Mission Part 2 – Making a Muslin

I’ve decided to take this project seriously* so I am going to make a muslin – a test garment out of un-dyed cotton – to test out the fit of the pattern before I cut and sew it in the official fabric.

I visited my local F+S Fabrics to pick up 3 yards of the un-dyed cotton and I laid out my pieces to cut them out. I also labeled each of them because I’m going to bring them all with me to my next stint in San Francisco. I am going to hand stitch the final jacket, so this first muslin will be a great practice. Traveling with a needle and spool of thread is also way easier than traveling with an entire machine! I will be able to work on this bit by bit at night to pass the time (after eating ramen etc don’t worry).

*I am still going to only have tons of fun no matter if the final project is unwearable or whatever. This is all just fun for me pretty much no matter the sewing result.