New Project! New Shirt for D (the first replacement)

I know I said I’d do the small circle print first but instead I threw the big squares in the wash again – checked for bleading – no more – and decided it was time to take this fabric to task!

Liesl+Co All Day Shirt – here we go!

Also, I’ve been asked how long these take to make, so I’m going to try and really time this one.

Today: started 9:30pm

– Laid out pattern pieces, took this pic, wrote snappy words above

– 9:59 finish pinning pattern pieces down.

Assess if I should start cutting them… probably not since it’s a work night and bedtime.

Let the timer show 30 min 🙂 ‘Till next time!

New projects – Laundry Issues continue!

So I visited Mood to get new fabrics to replace the poor little red ink disaster shirts and I was pretty excited with my picks – a white woven cotton, some small tangential circles, and a pretty interesting geometric square print.

I put them all in the washer and dryer together and… they ran! (To be completely fair, I left them wet overnight in the washing machine. I think this is totally my fault and where I messed up)

So much for the white shirt. X_X it’s a light tyedye in about 1.5 yards. Maybe that’s cool enough that it will become a shirt for myself? The problem is that it’s quite faint so I dont think it looks intentional. Calling it tyedye is really being generous and it looks more like blotchy ink…

I think the culprit was the cool squares.

So cool… but maybe evil…

What do I do now?

I am going to start with sewing the small circle shirt and maybe wash the blue squares again by themselves.

Wish me luck! Or give me advice lol I’ll take that too!

Laundry Disaster RIP Green Pants and Best Shirt

Well, right before I left for vacation I had a clothing massacre in which I sent a red pen though the wash and dried everything before discovering it. I took out my new favorite shirt for D and the green pants. I additionally killed 3 Banana Republic shirts. Yikes! I was sad but it was too late already. Lessons learned.

The green pants had gotten lots of wear already. The dress shirt was really nice… I had sewn all the seams as french seams and really put a lot of effort into aligning the stripes. The buttons were nice too. Hmmm. I will go to Mood and see if I can get the same or similar fabric for a repeat.

I casually tried to do some mending techniques to cover the spots up but so far it does not look as good as pinterest (visible on the left collar edge). Looks like I made my first smock.